July 31, 2023
Hey Wendy Watch This
Heart of London Video Tour
Mostly Roman and Early Christian Tour
Cosma and Damiano
Arch of Constantine
Santa Maria Maggiore
Rome Walkabout Tours
Renaissance, Mannerist & Baroque Tour
Piazza del Popolo
San Luigi dei Francesi
Santa Maria sopra Minerva
Blogs & Things
Italy 2014 Blog
Beck 74 Reunion
Touchy - Feely Section
Oh Look a Castle
Lorne Avenue School Demolition
Vernazza from the Cliffs
Here we are in Pisa!
We had climbed the stairs to the Duomo in Florence, in the morning so were pretty tired by the time we actually arrived in Pisa and ended up having a big nap once we arrived! But we saw a lot of Pisa including a beautiful sunset over the tower.
I am testing your memory... are you ready Britt?
1. We tourists call this tower the Leaning Tower of Pisa, but what is its real name?
Torre pendente di Pisa
Piazza del Duomo
2. The tower is the ________ oldest structure in Pisa's Cathedral Square
3. The architectural style of the tower is:
4. Who was a famous astronomer, physicist, engineer, philosopher and mathematician who was born in Pisa?
5. This is the inside of the dome in one of the buildings. Which building?
6. See the small squares in the ceiling... what are they called?
7. This is the first __________ you have seen. ~The guy blessing the people~
8. This is the school where only really smart people are allowed to go. (Of course you were a student there) What is the name of this school? Some even say it is where the Nobel prize is awarded...
Scuola Abnormale Superiore di Pisa
Scuola Normale Superiore di Pisa
Scuola Lorne Ave.
Scuola Normale Superiore di Pope on a Rope