1. Which of the five towns has the sort of sandy beach?
2. We stayed at the beach for just under an hour because:
We were in the free part of the beach and it was very crowded
We were tired of being hit-on by the beach vendors
There were too many people
The sand was very rocky
3. We took the train to the next town over - towards Corniglia. What is the name of the town?
4. While we were sitting on the pier a bunch of commotion started with some little kids. What was it that they saw in the water that would cause such a fright?
5. Before we left Corniglia in the morning, a bunch of trucks rolled in to town and people gathered. What was going on?
The parade of weekly vendors bringing in the fish market, fruit and vegetables, etc.
6. When we had lunch in Vernazza, the waiter told us the proper use for bread that is provided with a meal. What is it?
To clean the palette between courses of the meal - and he enjoyed telling us how he watches the tourists mow it down as soon as it is put on their table.