October 2, 2022
Hey Wendy Watch This
Heart of London Video Tour
Mostly Roman and Early Christian Tour
Cosma and Damiano
Arch of Constantine
Santa Maria Maggiore
Rome Walkabout Tours
Renaissance, Mannerist & Baroque Tour
Piazza del Popolo
San Luigi dei Francesi
Santa Maria sopra Minerva
Blogs & Things
Italy 2014 Blog
Touchy - Feely Section
Oh Look a Castle
Lorne Avenue School Demolition
Vernazza from the Cliffs
This is a most beautiful town worthy of travelling a thousand miles to see!
A fellow named Torquato Tasso said that in 1586 and we agreed with him while we were there.
1. From the quote above, tell me what town we are in.
If Other please specify:
2. This photograph reminds me of our favourite saying during this trip. What was that saying?
Oh, look a castle!
Oh, look a wine store!
Oh, look a fish market
Oh look a tourist trap!
3. What was that horrible yellow stuff you ordered for lunch?
4. In Greek mythology there were a number of giants with an eye in the centre of their foreheads. What were these mythological people called?
5. What is the name of the Palace you are entering?
6. What type of temple influenced the design of this palace entrance and how do you know?
How do you know?
Indicates required field
8. The interior walls of this palace were covered in paintings done in a technique called "fresco". What is fresco
Oil paint on canvas
Powdered tempra on tazzio
Pigment on wet plaster
Pepperoni on pizza
7. The technique of painting that uses realistic imagery to create and optical illusion of depth is called:
Trompe la donald
9. In the technique of fresco painting what vehicle is used for the pigment to merge with the plaster?
10. Mantua is a town with three human-made lakes. What is the name of the largest of those lakes that you were obsessed with walking around because the name of it was similar to one of our great lakes?