Debra Rogers ~October 11, 2021
Hey Wendy Watch This
Heart of London Tour
Heart of London Videos
Rome Walkabout Tours
Blogs & Things
Italy 2014 Blog
Beck 74 Reunion
Summer 2015 Adventures
Canada Day 2015
Dutch Liberation Ceremony 2015
Touchy - Feely Section
Poole Totem Pole
Oh Look a Castle
Lorne Avenue School Demolition
Vernazza from the Cliffs
After an incredible time in Orvieto we left town and had a scenic drive past Citta di Bolsena, through amazing fields of sunflowers and landed in Siena.
1. Our first task after we were settled was to find a store where we could buy a scarf. Why did we want scarves?
To try and take the attention away from Deb's coffee bean haircut
Because everyone was wearing them
To represent our Contrada for the Palio race
So we look like gypsies
If Other please specify:
2. We went to the main square by 2:40 in the afternoon and people were already filling the piazza to witness ______
The practice run for the Palio
The opening of a new Walmart
Your own answer here:
3. How many people are estimated to be in the square?
4. What is the name of the main piazza in Siena?
Piazza del Campo
Piazza del Campolini
5. We wandered around town and found this church. What is the name of this church?
Santa Maria Assunta
Santa Caterina di Siena
Santa Maria del Fiore
6. The emblem for Siena is the she-wolf who suckled Remus and Romulus. Why is this?
Because they found an old statue when they were founding the city and thought it would be a good idea to use it.
Because Siena is said to have been founded by Senius, the son of Remus, one of the legendary founders of Rome
Because this is the town where St. Francis tamed the giant wolf by talking to him and the wolf stopped eating the citizens of the town.
7. The campo is dominated by a public building and its tower. The names of these two buildings are:
Palazzo Pubblico and Torre del Mangia
Palazzo Pubblico and Torre del Sienca
Palazzo Pulgia and Torre del Mangia
8. Siena, like other Tuscan hill towns, was first settled in the time of the: