Debra Rogers ~ December 8, 2018
Hey Wendy Watch This
Heart of London Tour
Rome Walkabout Tours
iPhone & iPad
Windows & Mac
Blogs & Things
Italy 2014 Blog
Beck 74 Reunion
Britt_Walk of Death
Summer 2015 Adventures
Canada Day 2015
Touchy - Feely Section
Poole Totem Pole
Oh Look a Castle
Lorne Avenue School Demolition
Well Britt, here it is - your favourite building
(from the outside)
in the whole world. So, let's talk about it!
The Orvieto Cathedral is the main focus of the town.
1. It is a large 14th century church named:
Duomo di Orvieto; Cattedrale di Santa Maria Assunta
Duomo di Orvieto; Cattedrale di Santa Maria Fiore
Duomo di Orvieto; Cattedrale di Santa Theresa Assunta
Duomo di Orvieto; Cattedrale di Santa Caterina Assunta
Prefer not to say
2. Near the top is a large round window. What is that window called?
Round window at the top
Circle of Caterina
3. Here you are standing in front of the main door. There are three large doors to this cathedral. What are they made of?
4. The cathedral has 5 bells dating back to the Renaissance. What key are they tuned to?
5. Construction of the cathedral lasted almost 3 centuries. How many years is 3 centuries?
6. In one of the chapels we saw some incredible paintings by an artist studied by Michelangelo. Who is this artist?
Leonardo Da Vinci
7. Later in our trip we saw some rare relatively unknown and unfinished paintings by this same artist. It took us a while to find the church and the church was ready to close when we finally found it but they let us in. What town were we in when we saw them?
Moterrosso del mare
8. We stayed in a beautiful hotel in the main town square. In such a lovely hotel, how do you ensure that the air conditioning works?
9. Who is this horrible little woody in the red?