Debra Rogers ~ February 18, 2019
Hey Wendy Watch This
Heart of London Tour
Rome Walkabout Tours
CTO Database Mental Health
iPhone & iPad
Windows & Mac
Blogs & Things
Italy 2014 Blog
Beck 74 Reunion
Britt_Walk of Death
Summer 2015 Adventures
Canada Day 2015
Touchy - Feely Section
Poole Totem Pole
Oh Look a Castle
Lorne Avenue School Demolition
We are still in Sicily. We had just left the town of Francavilla. Do you remember how cold the water was in this beautiful river?
1. What is the name of this gorge?
2. Did we pay to get in or did you find the free way in that the locals use?
Paid the horrible 12 Euros each
Went in for free and spent our entrance fee money on cheap wine.
3. Since we didn't pay to get in, we didn't have an wristband. Because we didn't have a wristband what were we not allowed to use.
4. The gorge was formed by waters running off the slopes of ___. ______ and the southern regions of the Nebrodi Mountains.
5. The Alcàntara River is one of the few streams in Sicily that actually has:
Water all year
Fish unnatural to the area
6. Its name comes to us from Sicily's Arabs; the phrase al qantara means:
Freezing cold water
7. The Alcàntara Valley was the scene of the all-but-forgotten Battle of Francavilla between Austrian and Spanish forces in June 1719. Over 40,000 troops were involved in what was probably the largest military engagement in Sicily since ancient times, later surpassed by the Allied invasion of 1943. Combined casualties were approximately 8,000 dead or wounded. Who won that battle?