Debra Rogers ~ April 22, 2019
Hey Wendy Watch This
Heart of London Tour
Rome Walkabout Tours
CTO Database Mental Health
iPhone & iPad
Windows & Mac
Blogs & Things
Italy 2014 Blog
Beck 74 Reunion
Britt_Walk of Death
Summer 2015 Adventures
Canada Day 2015
Touchy - Feely Section
Poole Totem Pole
Oh Look a Castle
Lorne Avenue School Demolition
Good morning Britt
oday was your first exposure to ancient temples.
When we were there you did a great job remembering the parts of the temple.
Let's see how you do two years to the day later.
This is a hard quiz. Good luck!
Name the numbered parts in the above diagram:
1. The entire top portion of the temple
2. The tall thing that holds the roof and all the stuff above them up
3. What is the decorative top of a column?
4. What is the space between the bottom of the roof (the flat part) and the top of the roof (the pointy part) called?
5. What is the wide flat part at the base of the pediment called. It runs the full width of the temple. It quite often has relief sculptures in it for decoration or is painted.
6. In the freize, in the left temple above, are a series of three vertical lines. What are these called. Remember when you answer that they are always in threes.
7. What type of capital is this?
8. What type of capital is this?
9. The drawing on the left is of a Greek Temple (The kind we saw at Agrigento) and the drawing on the right shows a Roman Temple. What gives us a major clue that it is a Greek temple?
10. In the photo above, what other feature of the temple tells us that this is a Greek Temple?
11. In the above photo, what were you sitting in?
12. What is this guy? (And can you spell it correctly?)
13. What is the name of the car shown above?